In the land of Sandeyri, out by the Berjadalsá river, was a farm called Bjarnabær, in recent years also going by the name Halldórslód. Just before the middle of the 20th century were fairly well-preserved remains of buildings on the banks and a bit of a field. There was a wooden bridge on the river above the field wall, and a stone road was laid on a stretch
there around 1940 by the county. Halldót Ólafsson and Ólöf Fertramsdóttir were the last people to live there; they moved to Ísafjördur just before 1930.